Shift Packaging Operator
Job Type: Full-time
Job Salary: Basic £23k-£26k+ dependant upon experience
Job Location: Salfords (Redhill), Surrey
Closing date: 7th May 2021
This is an opportunity to join our By The Horns production team as a Shift Packaging Operator. In late 2020 we expanded our brewing operations to a new larger site based near Redhill, Surrey. Due to increased demand for our canned beer we are having to operate our canning line on a shift basis. This role will be focused on packaging on our canning line on a shift basis, with the majority of shift working hours being 12pm until 9pm.
– Operate our full canning packaging setup, which includes:
– operating our can depallatizer
– ensuring operations of the inline labeller and date coder
– operate our inline 6 head counter-pressure can filler, so that it runs at 1000 cans per hour
– operate auto case taping machine
– Laboratory work such as carbonation and Dissolved Oxygen readings on pre-packaged and packaged beer.
– Inventory management of packaged beer.
– Cleaning & general good housekeeping of the packaging area
– Oversee food hygiene protocols such as HACCP and SALSA related to the packaging line.
– Management opportunities; on growing our brewing team over the next few years there will be the potential for production side management opportunities.
– Working hours will be 12pm until 9pm, Monday to Friday.
Experience and skills:
– Commercial Brewing/beer packaging experience required (at least 2 years)
– Brewing qualifications such as IBD Diploma, BSc Brewing Science or better.
– Ability to build strong working relationships
– Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
– Good record keeping skills.
– Able to comfortably lift and move kegs/cases of beer
– Forklift operating experience is desirable
– Passionate and enthusiastic about craft beer, will be able to get behind our brand and wants to become part of our dynamic team.
– Must speak fluent English, be over 18 and have right to work in the UK
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
To be considered for this position please mail your CV and covering letter to email@example.com with the subject ‘Shift Packaging Operator’.
Due to a high volumes of responses, regrettably we are only able to acknowledge successful applications.