Job Type: Full-time
Job Salary: Basic £25k-£30k+ dependant upon experience
Job Location: Redhill, Surrey
Closing date: 24th July 2020
This is an exciting opportunity to join our By The Horns production team. 2020 sees us expand our brewing operations to a new larger site based near Redhill, Surrey. We open this position for a semi-experienced passionate brewer. We have a great dynamic team already in place, and this role seeks to broaden our knowledge base and grow our team in size and experience. This role will allow the successful candidate to put their stamp on our new brewery setup, and be an important and pivotal cog in the development of our growing brewery.
– Grain management; from silo to mash tun.
– Wort production on our new 20bbl semi-automatic brewhouse.
– Cellar management to include CIP vessels, monitoring fermentations, dry hopping, transferring beers, and force-carbonating.
– Laboratory work such as yeast analysis, ATP swabbing, carbonation and Dissolved Oxygen readings on pre-packaged and packaged beer.
– Preparing and packaging keg beer.
– Preparing and packaging can beer on our automated canning line.
– Inventory management of raw materials and packaged beer.
– Cleaning & general good housekeeping of the production area
– Recipe development for our ever changing range of one-off special beers.
– Managing food hygiene protocols such as HACCP and SALSA.
– Management opportunities; on growing our brewing team over the next few years there will be the potential for production side management opportunities.
Experience and skills:
– Commercial Brewing experience required (at least 3 years)
– Brewing qualifications such as IBD Diploma, BSc Brewing Science or better.
– Ability to build strong working relationships
– Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
– Good record keeping skills.
– Able to comfortably lift and move kegs
– Forklift operating experience is desirable
– Passionate and enthusiastic about craft beer, will be able to get behind our brand and wants to become part of our dynamic team.
– Must speak fluent English, be over 18 and have right to work in the UK
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
To be considered for this position please mail your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Production Brewer’
Due to a high volumes of responses, regrettably we are only able to acknowledge successful applications.